Greg Harris has served for 31 years in Christian higher education, including 13 years at The Master's Seminary, most recently as department chair and professor of Bible exposition.View Author's Page
The Bible Expositor’s Handbook of the Old Testament provides a thorough introduction to the attitudes and practices required to deeply understand the message of the Old Testament. Exhorting students of Scripture to approach the Old Testament with an attitude of humility and expectation, Greg Harris lays the groundwork for a Christ-centered interpretation that takes into account the redemptive story of the whole Bible. Employing a literal-grammatical hermeneutic, Harris leads the reader through the process of observing, interpreting, and applying the Old Testament.
(1) So You Want To Be an Expositor?
(2) The Old Testament Is the Story of Jesus
(3) Why Are There So Many Different Interpretations of the Bible?
(4) Four Biblical Examples of Moses Writing About Jesus
(5) The Mosaic Covenant and Its Importance
(6) A Star! A Star! Shining in the Night!
(7) The Biblical Logic of Joshua 1–6
(8) But Doesn’t Joshua 21:43–45 Show That God Has Fulfilled His Land Promises?
(9) Choose You This Day Whom You Will Serve, As For Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord
(10) This Just In: David’s Victory Over Goliath Was Not an Upset!
(11) The Davidic Covenant
(12) Worship and Wisdom
(13) I Know the Plans I Have for You
(14) Great Is Thy Faithfulness
(15) As I Live, I Shall Be King Over You